Saturday, March 18, 2017

Deserted Island Albums - My Top 5

I'm sure you know the scenario - suppose you are alone on a deserted island and can only have five (5) albums. You have to decide what five albums you can listen to over and over without getting tired of them. It's not as easy as you might think. I suppose you could take your Top 5 artists and just pick their "Greatest Hits" album but that is a bit of a cop-out. The task gets even more difficult if you are a fan of multiple artists; worse yet - multiple genres! I happen to like rock, jazz, folk, bluegrass and classical guitar. I like other music but these are the major genres. So, do I pick a single album from each? All from one? What decisions! I have an album (yes, vinyl) collection containing more than 575 albums and I have to pick five. The bottom line is that I have to hope I never find myself in this situation.

This is a difficult list to compile but here they are, in no particular order:

  • All Things Must Pass - George Harrison
  • Revolver - The Beatles
  • Imagine - John Lennon
  • Legends of the Lost and Found - Harry Chapin
  • The Art Of Segovia - Andres Segovia
This was very difficult but I am fairly sure this would be the list if I ever revisited the thought. I had to leave off a lot of music and some of my favorite albums such as "Wings Over America" and "Venus and Mars Are Alright Tonight" by Paul McCartney, "Mind Games" by John Lennon, "Greatest*Stories*Live" by Harry Chapin and dozens others. I chose these because they contain songs that I almost have to hear on a regular basis.

What are YOUR Top 5? Make it Top 10, if you want. I would love to hear from you.

Now.... how am I supposed to play them now that they are here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Do You Believe in Magic?

Do you believe in magic? So, do you believe in magic? I don't mean the magic in a young girl's heart, I mean real magic. Like stuf...