Wednesday, August 30, 2017

My Foray Into YouTube

Yes, you read the headline correctly! I have created a YouTube channel by the name of Joe Valencia Photography - http://www.youtube.com/c/JoeValencia32. I had been wanting to venture into YouTube publishing for a while but never really felt totally comfortable with the idea of being in front of the camera. I subscribe to, and watch, a number of photographers on YouTube and even interviewed a couple for my "Exploring Photography with Joe Valencia" blog and the more I watched, the more I wanted to do it. I finally found the courage after watching a video by Thomas Heaton in which he talked about overcoming your fears and doing what you love. The next day I went out and shot the introduction for my first video and first product review.
This was actually the fifth time I set out to shoot my first video, each preceding attempt found me coming up with an excuse not to shoot. This time was different; I was nervous, apprehensive, scared and excited all at the same time. I came close to backing out but forged ahead. I found that once I had the camera set up and started recording I felt right at home. I did make a rookie mistake while recording my "intro" with my phone - I shot in portrait instead of landscape.... I think what made it so easy was that I was talking about photography; ask anyone who has been in a room when I get started. I love photography and I love talking about it so I guess it was a natural prograssion to video.

I already have about a half-dozen ideas for upcoming videos and look forward to seeing where this adventure takes me. The first video was well-received, which is feeding my excitement. I hope you will check out my channel, subscribe if you like and leave a comment letting me know what you think.


All photos are copyright Joseph S. Valencia All Rights Reserved They may not be used in any way without express written permission of the photographer. If you wish to use any of the photos you may contact the photographer at valencia32photo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Do You Believe in Magic?

Do you believe in magic? So, do you believe in magic? I don't mean the magic in a young girl's heart, I mean real magic. Like stuf...